Re: question for a select few

--- You wrote:
> Do you get the Celtics games, or are they blacked out (apart from the "home
> team" where you reside)?

Unfortunately, even if you subscribe to the "Sports channel" package, the C's
games are still blacked out on FSNE unless you have a subscription to the
League Pass.
--- end of quote ---

There was a question earlier about whether they black out the replays as well.
I forgot what the answer was. Do they? In any case, you do get NBATV with the
sports package. At least that's the deal with my "rural DirecTV provider"
Pegasus in VT. I get the base package for $25, which includes TNT, TBS and the
relevant ESPNs, and the Sports package for $10, which includes all the Regional
Sports Networks, NBATV, FoxSportsWorld (great for soccer, rugby and the like),
and some other stuff. So, at least you'd be getting all the national games for
about $35/mo. As for the equipment, they usually have promotions where you can
get the equipment for free (pay ~$25 and send for a rebate). They throw in free
installation (if you are willing to wait for an available installer) or a
self-install kit with that. I wasn't willing to wait to miss even one Celtics
game, so I ended up installing the dish in a driving ice storm, at night, in
December. But in FL it's a lot easier - point the dish straight up into the
blue sky and you're done :)
Kestas