Re: Obie's guys vs. Danny's guys

----- Original Message -----
From: "Enrile, Roy" <renrile@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 3:40 PM
Subject: RE: Obie's guys vs. Danny's guys

> Good point about the contest of wills that we'll see between Obrien and
> Ainge.  Obie will win out.  Ainge won't meddle in player rotations much,
> because the C's will be a winning a lot again.

Winning a lot again? That's enthusiasm. But I don't think things will go all
that well. Better than last season but not as advertised. I see DA's
fingerprints all over the team if OB doesn't smarten up.

> Battie, Williams, Delk, Blount, McCarty basically gave Jimmy this dream
> job and big money, with their overachieving defensive stops the past 2
> years(The captains offensive talent didn't do it alone).  He'll always
> be fiercely loyal to those five.  They've grown together and are in sync
> in 4th quarters, kind of like the 90's Pacers or the Lakers championship
> roleplayers.

OB should only be loyal to the best teams he can put on the floor at any
given time.

> Ainge's guys: Kedrick, Jumaine, Hunter, James are great NBA athletes,
> and I like their games.  But to Obrien, they're practice bodies,
> unproven defenders, and insurance against injuries.  The coach will make
> all of them(except Brown) pay their dues with small minutes, and
> rotations through the injured list for a year.  "...The NBA is a mans
> game...I'm going to play the men who give us the best chance of winning
> that night...".

OB's got big cahuna's. Any other coach could have done better than his
tunnel vision style. He's lucky by the Grace of DA he's still around. I
figure when DA does get 12 that resemble a team, OB will coaching Fantasy
Teams.

DanF