Maybe the C's are ticked at NBAtv, too....

I read the press release from the C's today about the new schedule (from
http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/072903_Celtics0304Schedule.html ) and
here's an interesting portion of it:

"For the 23rd consecutive year, Fox Sports Net New England will continue to
be the exclusive television home of Celtics basketball games. The team will
also appear on national television eight times during the course of the
season, beginning on Wednesday, December 17 when the Celtics host the
Dallas Mavericks on ESPN. ABC is set to air the Celtics when the San
Antonio Spurs visit Boston on January 18 at 12:30 PM, and TNT will show the
tilt when Boston visits Cleveland on Monday, February 9. Other ESPN games
include Toronto's visit to the FleetCenter on Friday, February 27 (also
televised on Canada's national television outlet, The Score), the Celtics
trips to Minnesota on Sunday, March 7 and to Dallas on Friday, March 19, as
well as the Celtics home stand versus the New Jersey Nets on March 26 and
Philadelphia on Sunday, March 28. Sporting News Radio's 1510 AM "The Zone"
will continue to broadcast all Celtics games on the radio."

Not so much as a whisper about NBAtv.  Zip.  In fact, after all the
aggravation about the wannabe network last Spring, there's been nothing
whatsoever that I could find commenting on the sorry state of affairs.  My
local Cox Cable office is quite consistent, they still have no clue.  It
looks like I'm gonna have to start yelling again.  Sigh...

But it makes me wonder if the C's are as unhappy as the fans about the
inaccessibility of NBAtv to most cable viewers.  I made it clear to the
local office that the NBAtv mess was going to have to be settled before I
decided on getting the League Pass this year.

Rats!!

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle