PJ and Spree

I read how Kevin McHale contacted PJ Carlesimo for "references" on
Spreewell before going ahead with the trade to bring Spree to
Minnesota.  PJ had expressed how he thought Spree was an excelllent player
and was even willing to have him on HIS team.

Talk about taking one for the team.  He's one of the most forgiving people,
to be willing to give Spree such a recommendation after nearly being killed
by the idiot.  I still think Kevin is foolish to take Spree (though I give
him props for at least "checking the rap sheet").  I don't know how much
coaching ability PJ has.  But given his dedication to what's good for the
team, anytime PJ wants to work for the Celtics, he's got MY vote.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle