James

Frederick - you're right, James is signed to a minimum
deal and likely won't make a major impact. But it's
the opportunity cost that bothers me: all this talk
about getting a real point guard, and we get a tweener
scrub. Why? Does Ainge actually think James is any
better than Bremer?

I almost wonder if Ainge is suffering from the same
viewpoint Pitino had when he got to Boston: "anybody
already here is no good." Pitino dumped some decent
players (Fox, Wesley, even Radja) because he wanted
"his guys." Bremer is no all-star, but he did play
better than most rookies last year. so why bring in a
guy who's basically his clone? unless there's some
deal in the works - and if there is, how much market
value does Bremer have?

more to the point, how will James keep the offense
flowing when Banks is on the bench? does he offer
anything that Bremer - or Delk - don't?  And if not,
why even sign him at all? Ainge could have waited a
week to see where Best and Kenny land. If James were
such a hot prize that Boston had to strike now,
wouldn't Greezy have kept him?

I hope I will be proven wrong and dazzled by the
talents of the talented Mr. James.