Re: ESPN, the place where "No Celtics News Is Good News"

Snoop!

Were you prescribed medicinal marijuana?  Cause you're
seeming a little paranoid.  However, a little paranoia
never did hurt, especially when there are people out
there with hidden and ulterior motives.  But you
forgot the greatest injustice (and the one that REALLY
hurts)...and that is the officiating.  Even in the
summer leagues (at least in the two televised games),
we were getting screwed (Kedrick, on a couple of
occasions, seemed like he wanted to bend that one
female ref in two) by the officials (I'm not the only
one who noticed this...Pete, in one of his posts,
mentioned it as well).  Summer league, however, is one
thing, but in the regular season and playoffs it has
reached new heights....and if you wanna get pissed at
something, get pissed at that....for of all the Celtic
hating out there, from the refusal of a cap room
exemption following the passing of Reggie to the
rumored reluctance of other teams' GMs to even deal
with the C's, the bias of the refs is one that is the
most galling, coming as it does from a supposed
bastion of objectivity and fairness.  For a profession
that aims to be as unemotional and discriminating as
the judicial branch, it often acts more like your
run-of-the-mill nightclub bouncer, hiding behind rules
which are capriciously enforced acccording the whimsy
of the moment.

Ryan

--- Snoopy the Celtics Beagle

Website