Re:Best vs Bremer

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:06:55 -0700 "Enrile, Roy"  wrote:
If we go with Banks/Best and trade JR, then the C's could be
disadvantaged with two shorter than average pg's.  Josh O interviewed
Banks, and said Marcus was 6'0" or shorter.

I'm not too worried about Banks' height.  He has a very strong upper body which will make it difficult for opponents to post him up (Something like Sam Cassell or Gary Payton), and his quickness allows him to get right in his opponents face which makes it difficult for tall point guards to just shoot over him.  I really like what I saw of him in the summer league.

Bremer reminds me of Adrian Griffen, even though they played diferent positions.  They have similar body types, and succeeded by having a high basketball IQ.  Adrian would have fetched us a 2nd round pick if we hadn't held on to him too long.  I hope the same doesn't happen with Bremer.  He was a great feel-good story, but he would just be an interchangeable cog on a championship squad.