Best holding out for more?

Just saw this on the ESPN.com message board; I wonder
if the Celtics official spoke too soon on the radio.

Found it! Here's a link to the breaking news:
http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/2/059877-3382-094.html

Here's the text - enjoy; Paco:

Return to Pacers?

A former Pacers guard, Travis Best, met with Boston
officials Tuesday and received a contract offer for
the veteran's minimum of less than $1 million.

He plans to hold out for a better deal and doesn't
rule out a return to the Pacers if the opportunity
arises.

"Donnie's said he's interested, but he's dealing with
Brad Miller and Reggie Miller right now," Best said
after returning to Miami.

Best signed a four-year, $13 million contract with the
Pacers in 1997. He had a one-year, $1.4 million deal
with Miami last season and is hoping to avoid taking
another cut in pay.

"It's hard being a free agent now," he said. "I'm just
weighing my options. I don't think I'll get my market
value this year. I want to get with a team that's
playoff-bound and is a good fit for me and go from
there."

Best said he hasn't ruled out signing with the
Celtics.

"That wouldn't be a bad move for me," he said. "I have
a good feeling for Boston, no question. But I owe it
to myself to stay in the market."