NJ great at drafting? Nah.

> Do you realize that the Nets have had Three:  Not One, Not Two,
> but Three Kick Ass drafts in a row. First, there was that great
> draft of 2001, where they ended up with Jefferson, and Collins too.
> Then in 2 zero zero 2 they nicely nabbed a sleeper in the Vlade
> Divac-like center Nenad Krstic, who was last seen lighting up
> Milicic. And this past draft ushered in, even more good tidings,
> in the form of Zoran Planinic, truly a Euro version of Jason Kidd,
> and a terrific all around PG, who was last observed outplaying
> Banks. So what can you say, except, hire the NJ scouting staff, LOL.
> Ray

Sorry Ray...

Color me unimpressed...

Actually many consider Richard Jefferson to be the most overrated player in
all of  basketball. If he wasn't on a team that ran a relentless fast break he
would be a below average player. He is in the perfect system for his limited
skill set. Jason Kidd makes him much better..

Richard Jefferson skill wise simply isn't that strong. He has a lousy handle,
and a lousy outside shot, he doesn't seem to have many moves either.

His defense and athleticism are nice but their are many players who have
those attributes. Its amazing that they picked him for the Olympic team over the
likes of guys like Shawn Marion, Finley, Paul Pierce..etc.

Banks is clearly better then Zoran though, well at least in the eyes of the
less biased people at the summer league. Banks made the summer league second
team and Zoran did not. In my biased eyes he is much better. Banks is a total
stud near as I can tell. I predict Banks will be an all-star, and he might make
Tony Battie one as well. Perkins and Brandon also hold tons of promise...

I don't know much about a "Divac-like center Nenad Krstic, who was last seen
lighting up Milicic." But until he at least plays in Summer League call me
unconvinced. Songalia was lighting up all kinds of people in Europe as well. So
what? Europeans have been overrated recently. What great Europeans have their
been besides Dirk? Dirk is the first one that qualifies as a yearly all-star.
Who knows if Darko will really be that good. He might be the next Pau Gasol:
the softest player in the NBA.

Pete