bremer's contract

>>''... they haven't picked up his option yet ...'' - Kim (on JR Bremer)
>>
>>So then who are the thirteen players Danny refers to as already
>>signed?
>
>Bremer I expect. I can't find anything saying they exercised it and
>there's not a money amount included anywhere, but when I checked the
>salary cap FAQ, which indicates that options have to be exercised by
>July 1. The problem with that is that I KNOW they had an Aug 1
>deadline with Cook last year, but that was slightly different
>circumstances, which may have made a difference. There may have been
>an extended exercise date in his contract to take them past summer
>league. So maybe it's a matter of they exercised it but there's been
>no agreement on salary and that's why it doesn't appear anywhere. Or
>they haven't, but Danny's speaking as if they have for whatever
>reason. Dunno.

According to (the usually pretty reliable) Hoopsworld
[http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_4312.shtml] Bremer is a restricted
Free Agent (like Arenas, Terry, Hamilton, 1/2 the Clippers), so there
would be no option.   However the Celtics' site & ESPN don't list him
as a FA at all.  Patrica Bender's site says the C's have an option
next year [http://www.dfw.net/~patricia/contracts]

I'm guessing then that he's not a FA till next summer -- restricted or un.

(the other) mark