Re: Just for a positive and pleasant-sounding change of pace...

At 01:37 PM 7/22/03 -0400, James A. Hill wrote:

> >Eva also blew Judy Garland out of the water with her version of "Over the
>Rainbow".
>
>You must be going deaf, Eva couldn't carry Judy's garter belt. ;>)
>
><Jim
>
>(When arguing is the point, the subject is just the vehicle.)

I'm not trying to dismiss Judy--I think she had a terrific voice (and those
who liked her, John Gorka did a tribute song, "Heart Upon Demand"), and I'm
not knocking the Wizard of Oz, either.

But Jim, presuming (perhaps incorrectly) that you haven't heard her, snag a
copy of Eva's CD, "Songbird", and listen to her take on "Over the
Rainbow".   (While you're at it, play the rest of the songs.)  With all
respect to Judy and her fans, Eva took the song and ran with it.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle