PS: The backcourt

Ideally, it would be nice if the C's could use that
final roster spot on a scorer, or another banger.
We're going to remain a flawed team until someone can
fill the Rodney Rogers role. But after watching
Bremer's performance in the summer league, the team's
greatest need looks to be a quality backup PG. I like
what Bremer did for us last year, but if he's the
primary backup point the Celtics will effectively be
running two offenses - one when Banks is on the floor,
and another when he's on the bench.

Hopefully Delk will be able to handle more of the
scoring load when paired with a real PG, like in
Phoenix (though he shot only about 40% with the Suns,
yoiks). I don't think we're likely to add anybody else
on the wing, since O'Brien will be shuffling minutes
for Kedrick, Walter and Williams. (That's a big part
of why I had mixed emotions about bringing back
McCarty. I like what he gives the team, but he also
has major holes.)

Kenny or Best would be ideal if they're willing to
take short money and backup minutes. But though they
could conceivably take a "hometown discount" for
Boston, both will likely get offers for more (though
not much more) than the Celtics can give. If a
championship contender asks them to join the bench, we
may be looking at a Bimbo Coles again. `