4 Thoughts

1.  I think Battie may be the biggest beneficiary of Marcus Banks'
arrival.  Battie is the most adept "accidental offense"-type player the Cs
have.  It's hard to imagine him blowing the type of easy opportunities
Banks was creating last night.  This team is going to be awfully fun to
watch -- unless O'B slaps on the chains, which would be a crime.

2.  Signing McCarty makes sense only if EW is gone.  The Cs have to find
out this year what they have with Kedrick; they can't do that with McCarty
and Williams logging all of the minutes at the 3 spot.

3.  Apparently Sundov left to go practice with the Croatian national team.
 Let's hope he stays there.

4.  Not signing Brandon Hunter would be the dumbest move since the Baker
trade.  Yes, last night's performance was just a summer league game.  I
doubt the Barkley comparisons will ever be justified.  But I think we
could be looking at another Malik Rose -- i.e., a contributing part of a
championship team.  Hunter gives the Cs toughness, rebounding and solid
interior offense, which they've needed as much as they've needed a real
point guard.  The guy is an actual basketball player, which is more than
one can say for a majority of the stiffs who've paraded through the roster
over the last decade.

Michael Gooen