roles for assistant coaches

Douglas,

I work for a college basketball team, so although my experience is limited, I can give you a decent idea on some of the roles for assistant coaches.

One of their biggest jobs is scouting the other teams, especially divisional rivals that you'll see a number of times throughout the season.  They all have particular teams that they will do a scouting report, or "personnel", on.  Beyond that, there jobs all vary in practice and during games.  Lester Connor probably spends the bulk of his time working with the post players, Dick Harter with the defensive strategies, Frank Vogel with team film/film on individual C's players, etc.

I hope this helps, and as always, anyone may feel free to post additional info.

-- JB