Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Kendrick learns quickly. Bulpett doubts Kidd's denial.-Herald

At 08:09 AM 7/13/2003 -0400, pscottman@xxxxxxx wrote:
"Top pick Marcus Banks will be at the point, with Kedrick
Brown at small forward, Bruno Sundov at the 4 - it'd be hard to call him a power forward - and Kendrick Perkins at center." - Herald

Subtle hint #1 that Hunter isn't even making the team. I understand you start the vets, but in that case Sundov starts at the 5, not the four.

No he doesn't, because he has no inside game and that would just highlight his weaknesses. Do you think the Cs really wanted him to exercise his option? IMO it's entirely possible that they are starting him to showcase him in this situation where the ability to hit some outside shots might look more promising and his faults less glaring than against a real veteran pro team. If Hunter is willing to take short money, I think he might well make the team because of his best virtue fitting one of our biggest needs. I just don't think they're rushing to sign him until they're sure that's the best way available to them to use that slot. I know I harp on it, but no one signing is in a vacuum, and we've got a lot of holes to fill as efficiently as possible. Hunter offers one thing - rebounding. What if they're delaying signing him because they're looking at someone else who might offer that and something else or two other things we need.
Kim