Re: Four steps for the Celtics

We'll see on Jul 16th I suppose. that's the start of the FA signing period, but so far I haven't even heard a whimper of other "wooing" trips besides the one to Malone by Ainge.

As to your other points:

1. Remember Vitaly's offense when KA wasn't on the floor? Neither do I because it didn't exist. A true PG and a subtle change in philosophy from stand in the corner to cut to the hoop would increase Brown's output to Walter McCarty levels at the very least and he's better defensively then EW against the quick forward/guards. But you are correct - if he fails under those circumstances above (new role) then he's garbage and needs to be jettisoned.

2. Love another distributing PG. Doubt it'll happen. I think there is still too much Wallace and OB in Ainge's ear saying Bremer can improve even more and can get to the rack - not to mention how affordable Bremer is. I fear, like it or not, the C's are very happy with their three "PGs" (HA!) in Delk, Bremer, and now Banks and won't pursue any more.

3. OB CAN force the decisions by not playing people. It falls to Ainge to make him by removing his "favorites" (like Walter) and putting others in their stead who are not only even decent in the OB system (ie rain O threes, no offensive rebounding). And if we don't play Hunter the majority of minutes in the summer league since we KNOW what Sundov can do ANYWAY we'll never know what he brings will we? Not only is Sundov wasting cap space and a roster spot, he's now wasting a showcase opportunity as well.

4.  We don't stash - we look to dump. That's what Europe is to us - a dumping ground. It's amazing how much disdain the C's organization seems to have for Europeans (save Sundov!) and the way it can be used as a minor league system. I'd love for Songalia to come into the Eduardo Najera type role for the King's to rub the C's nose in it a little.

5. "Battie and Baker together? Forget it. That story about you...and that cow...and then you tried to make it with the cow? I've got to party with you." Okay, so the Stripes inference is just window dressing, but you already know I expect nothing from Baker. Not one rebound. Not one point. But then I'm a fatalist so that should be par for the course with me. And no way is Perkins "Amare Stoudamire II". What in OB's past (besides Bremer who he promptly pulled in every 4th quarter and playoff game) even hints at him playing, much less pushing, a rookie not even mentioning a HIGH SCHOOL rookie which every scribe in America calls "raw"?

You're spot-on with your assertion that the Celts can't just stand still and be able to compete.  Next season doesn't offer any real relief other than EWill's contract being available, and that isn't enough to make a suitable difference.

You're left off a few points, however.. . .

5) Kedrick Brown is the #11 pick.  Either he can play like an adult in the Celtic offense, or give him away and bring in someone who can earn $1M a year. . which we can't afford to give KB RIGHT NOW based on his performance.

6) Daniels is truly an unknown, but ANY TRUE PG that can come here is a necessity if we want Banks to succeed.  Strickland can't penetrate, nor can Delk/Bremer.  Face it--we can't ask Banks to play 25 minutes and then slow down for the incubent PGs or let Walker run the other 23.  It just CAN'T happen. .and that's probably why Walter was slid out.  We need that slot.

7) Obie doesn't make decisions on who's on the roster.  His foot is in his mouth up to the ankle, and Ainge is going to tell him to shut up, or prove that Obie should by the Hunter making the squad.  BTW, it remains to be seen if EWill or Hunter is a better rebounder in the NBA. . .because THIS IS THE theatre of the rebounding battles.

8) We stash guys in Europe and they never come back.  This is the here-and-now, and I think you're wrong about Perkins' minutes.  IMO, Battie's knee will be OK, but Sundov won't play, and Baker/Perkins will get minutes.  If Vin can play at all, and Hunter is gone, you wouldn't like to see Battie with Baker at PF for a few minutes?