Bird and Brand

Way is right that we need to be making some moves to stay in third or fourth place in the East (my spin).  I wholeheartedly endorse the scenario that would bring Brand to the Celts.  But I'm happy that we hired Ainge and not Bird.  Nothing against Bird, but he doesn't walk on water; certainly he will make the Pacers better, but I would have chosen Ainge, too.  No buyers remorse here.  These purported moves by the Nets (Mourning and Kidd) and the power of Detroit plus a renewed Pacer threat make it imperative for us to seize the day.  And I have no idea where to turn; especially if Banks cannot bring some zip.  Cheers,  Gene