Re: No Love from Wal-TUH!

-------------moot question because they didn't have to.

> Those kinds of guys who spend their career
> with a franchise would earn more respect in my eyes if they said "I'm a Utah
> Jazz. I want to win a championship for the Jazz. I'll keep fighting for the
> Jazz until they tear the uniform off me." That's what Bird would have done.
> If you're fighting with and for something, is it really admirable to jump to
> the other side just because that side has a better chance to win?  <snip>
> Will it mean as much to Malone if he wins one with the
> Lakers?
---------------I certainly admire folks who stay in a city for an entire
career, but I also admire great players, and don't begrudge them the right to win
a championship.  Malone gave his heart and soul to the Jazz for 18 years.
He's earned his chance at a title with another team.  Will it mean as much as if
he won with Utah?  I doubt that even Malone would make that statement.  Of
course it wouldn't.  And doesn't all this piss you off just a bit more than usual
because it's the (*{Y_ Lakers?  I know it ticks me off.  And isn't it an
awesome starting four in LA next year?  Four slam-dunk Hall of Famers?  Did the Cs
ever field such a lineup?  (Maybe so - I just don't know.)
 - Doug