I Love...who??

Waltah we barely knew ya. Actually, we know you pretty well.  You gave us a hometown discount to play here last year - that was pretty cool - so I can't really disparage you "wanting yours", but I have some tough news for you.  You're not going to get a 4.5 exception - from anyone.  You won't get the 1.5 exception - from anyone.

Did you play well last year? Yep, but you're a 6'11" guy with no post moves on offense. You're a 6'11" guy that doesn't rebound well. You're neither a great passer or dribbler. You're an okay defender - especially when matched on either a shooter where your length can bother them or a bigger guy that you can outquick (but remember in the Harter system you could always front those bigger guys with help from behind, not every NBA plays that fronting system).

You're a 9th-10th man off the bench Waltah. As Bill Parcells likes to say - you are what you are. In luxury tax times you're not an exception player - you're a minimum player (if lucky enough to get a contract at all - there's more competition now because of the salary cap rules). You're free to leave with no hard feelings, but it will take new fans time to get to know you. The announcer won't be screaming "I LOVE Waltah!" anymore.  You won't have the multitude of signs clamoring from the rafters anymore and the Tommy Award will be a thing of the past.

You created a nice little niche here in Boston Walter McCarty. It's a shame according to the Herald you want no part of it anymore.