The real conversation and efficency.

> "I would hope so.  However he gets stuffed when he tries to post up, he
> forgets to up-fake most of the time and he isn't athletic enough to dunk.
> But at least we won't have to wait until the All Star break for him to get
> into shape, again. Sigh."

Heh..no kidding..
Walker shoots better from the outside then the inside. I am absolutely
mystified by all the people claiming that OB "makes" him play on the perimeter. Do
you guys really watch games? Anytime Walker tries to post up a legitimate PF
its rejection city.  I wish they kept a stat on that. He plays outside because
he has too..
He isn't that tall, long or that good of a jumper. He CANT play down low on
most guys.

On a big guy his best offensive "post" move is more of a drive..his spining
lay up.
That works..but his little jump hooks get rejected. His drop steps get
rejected. With a huge mistmatch in height and strength he can play down low..like
when they put Reggie Miller on the guy. Perhaps his trainer can pump up his
athleticism back to where it naturally should be..With a bit more hop and bit more
strength he could be effective down there. Right now though I think E.
Williams is a MUCH more effective player in the post even against real PF. <g>

Also..yeah the efficency rate is somewhat arbitrary..and it doesn't account
for any of the little things a player can do. I mean its not clear say that
blocks should count as much as rebounds or points..etc etc, and obviously they
don't have stats for say a good pass that leads to an easy assist or a box out
that leads to a teamates rebound.

BUT..it is somewhat accurate as well. The players with high efficency are
certainly the best. If you just guess some of the good players and then look up
their efficency you will see that they score very well.

Walker scores around 46th I believe, which is higher then I might have
guessed..but I do not  think that score is too far off. He is no where near the
least efficent player in the league.. I think Bruno might get that spot though.
Heh.

Pete