Re: Celtics summer camp roster

>>>Anyone have any info on any of these guys?

Well, here's a few.

29 Anderson, Rick F 6-9 225 Arizona '03
  Not strong enough to play PF.  Not quick enough to play SF.
  Senior  out of Arizona, however he is older (24 next month) having
redshirted a year.
  O'Brien may like him as he's a big man with a decent 3 point shot.  He can
run the floor.

57 Burgess, Chris C 6-11 245 Utah '01
   Was one of the most sought after players out of high school.  A McDonalds
All-American.  Went to Duke with Elton Brand and Shane Battier were he
couldn't get off the bench.
  Caught Vin Bakers disease (no, not the drinking...at least as far as I
know).  He lost all confidence and started to struggle to do the most basic of
things, like catching the ball or dunking all alone under the basket.  His
parents blamed Coach K and started a war of words in the papers.  Transferred
Utah where he finished his career in unremarkable fashion.
Had a cup of coffee with the Suns, although I don't think he ever played.
He has a 17 yr. old brother who just recently played for the USA team in the
Global games to some really good reviews.  Should be interesting to see where
he ends up.

51 David, Kornel F 6-9 230 Hungary
   This guy is 32 years old.  He played for the Bulls for a couple of
years. Nothing stands out.  See Rick Anderson.

56  McClintock, Dan C   7-0 260 Northern Arizona '00
    You might have read about this guy.  He took Yao Mings spot on his
Chinese team when Ming was drafted.  He's a guy who didn't take basketball
seriously
until just recently.  Was actually out of the game for a while after being
dumped by the Nuggets (hmmmm, makes you wonder) before trying his hand over
seas.
I always worry about guys who's heart isn't in the game.  I don't care how
big you are, if you don't work on your game you won't succeed in the NBA and
if
you don't
particularly like the game to begin with you aren't very likely to work on
your game unless you are in dire straights with no other way of making a
living.

<A
HREF="http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501030210-418619
,00.html">
http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501030210-418619,00.ht
ml</A>

Recker, Luke    G/F 6-6 210 Iowa '02
  I'm sure most people remember Recker.  He started his college career in
Indiana with Bobby Knight where he was a high school star and Indiana Icon.
There was a major brouhaha when he transferred to Arizona.  He never played a
game for the Wildcats before being in a horrible car accident which put his
career in jeopardy and made his then girlfriend a paraplegic.
He then transferred to Iowa, supposedly to be closer to family.
He did OK at Iowa, but nothing spectacular (3rd team all Big 10).
 He is very heady and has a nice jumper.
I would think he'd have to play the shooting guard in the NBA.  He isn't
particularly quick or strong.  He's 25 yrs old.  He was drafted by Miami, but
again, I don't think he ever played a game.

TAM