Re: Why Antoine deserves more credit and less criticism:

I guess it is all how each person sees it.

>Imagine a coach going to any power forward in the league and this
conversation occurs:

>COACH: "Look, we don't have a real point guard. As a result, I'm going to
place a lot of the ball handling duties in your hand. Very often, I want you
to bring the ball up the court, start the offense and set up shots for our
all-star guard. Also, I'm very big on using the three-point shot, so
whenever you're open, take it--and because most power forwards aren't used
to perimeter defense, you're going to have a lot of opportunities to shoot
the three. I still expect you to rebound and drive to the hoop as well.
Finally, I don't have a competent backup for you, so you're probably going
to be among the league leaders in minutes played."

>PLAYER: "No problem coach, whatever you want."

>What other power forward could handle this situation as well?

Or, was it a conversation between Wallace and OB more like:

Wallace:
"Well Walker historically won't get into playing shape to start the season
and he is like a black hole who wants to touch the ball on each possession
but won't pass it once he gets it."

OB:
"That and he won't run a fast break but prefers to walk up the court glaring
at the Ref's and holding his hand to his ear calling for people to cheer him
while everyone else plays basketball 4-on-5. And he pouts when he is put on
the bench to rest so that doesn't help him."

Wallace:
"Any new ideas to try for this off season?"

OB:
"I know lets tell him that we're going to make him the PG/forward and that
he must come into camp in basketball shape this year or we can't try this
idea and he'll have to play in the post.  That way he may have to pass the
ball at least once in each possession unless he starts launching more
three's."

Wallace:
"Take MORE three's? It would be impossible to increase his number of shot
attempts from so far out of PF position wouldn't it?

OB:
"I would hope so.  However he gets stuffed when he tries to post up, he
forgets to up-fake most of the time and he isn't athletic enough to dunk.
But at least we won't have to wait until the All Star break for him to get
into shape, again. Sigh."