Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Stoudemire proves his stupidity in bunches.

As CB would say when the football is yanked away..."AAAAAAAAUUUUGGGHHH!"

It ain't that simple Snoop.  The players union and their lawyers will continue to hardball these issues every time they have a Collective Bargaining Session - meaning low threshold fines and suspensions.  The expectation (and perhaps rightfully so, but that is another debate) is that these matters should be handled in a civilian court (through which the laws are upheld in any society).

Carlisimo SHOULD have pressed charges and not dropped them after Spreewell choked him. That would've helped.  Roy Tarpley ended up in jail.  If Stoudamire were in a 3 strikes state (California for example) he'd also be facing mandatory jail time even for misdemeanor (instead of felony, which usually is intent to distribute) possession as I believe he's been busted two other times.

As long as there is a powerful players union they'll have the leverage in the contract side of the house, but until we "juries of peers" convict these stars (whatever their ilk - TV, movie or sports) the only people we have to blame are ourselves.