Re: I Shall Make My Comment, and No One Will Really Give A ....

At 01:52 AM 7/8/03 -0300, Cecil wrote:

>Well, each to their own Snoop.  He is still proclaiming for Ridenour even
>after the guy has been diagnosed with a broken bone in his pelvis.  Not an
>admirable ailment for a lighweight PG, but as long as he tells us he likes
>the guy, he lunacy shouldn't be questioned?

I never said I agreed on everything, but for the most part, I couldn't pick
the draftees out of a lineup--unlike, say the starting lineup for
Portland...  :>)

>If I said some of the things to you that he has said to me on this list, you
>would not be so enamored methinks.

Here's the rather embarrassed Celtics Beagle having to admit that I'm only
able to read maybe one-tenth of the daily Celtics-related posts.  I miss a
lot of stuff, but I can't really keep up with everything.  I'm sort of hit
and miss, especially since I'm no good at the virtual GM thing.  I'm just
happy if someone can keep me clear on which player is which, and Ray--up to
a point, anyway--did that, as did several other people.

I'm not personally enamored of Ray--and had no idea he had said anything
untoward to you--or I might have forgotten, an unfortunate one of several
medical problems I'm dealing with.

>To me, the most telling sign of his dementia, is the fact that DA had been
>on the job for about a day before he starts dissing the guy, telling us who
>he should be drafting and why, as if he has some acute perspective which
>other NBA staffers are beating his door down in order to gain access to his
>imperial wisdom.

Well, I agree that he could pontificate with the most self-righteous of
them.  Hard for me to complain, though, as I've been known to make Charlton
Heston-like pronouncements  myself from time to time.

>He has no more insight than the rest of us, most of whom are able to make
>their points in a perfectly non-confrontational manner.  But he does this
>every year at this time.  Others are smart enough to notice and, I am not
>hinting that you are not intelligent to notice.

Probably I'm just not paying attention.  I'll have to work on keeping up
better with things.

>Cecil (Hope you enjoyed the stuff on Stan)

I did indeed.  I was just today listening to Archie Fisher and Garnet
Rogers "Off the Map" concert album.  Then followed up with Stan's
"Fogarty's Cove" CD.  Oh, how I wish musicians like them were willing to
come to Florida.  If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to start holding a
festival in January.  The place should be packed.  If not, I'll at least
get a great seat...

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle