Ball control.

> They have to get the ball out of Antoine's hands. It's that simple. If
> Banks
> can do it, and Obie allows it, great. But if they're just going to turn
> Banks into Tony Delk or JR Bremer, standing on the opposite side of the
> floor just waiting to take a kick-out jump shot, then we're right back where
> we started. Antoine and Obie did it to Kenny Anderson, and Kenny certainly
> had more cred in the NBA than Banks does.

True enough...
But Kenny did better then any of our point guards...in several years. He
controlled things about half the time..and set up Battie and Potapenko fairly
well.. Pierce and Walker liked to go one on one..so he only set them up on
occasion.

But the Kenny Anderson lesson is a good one for Danny. For years we had this
push to get rid of Kenny...who was actually a fairly productive player.
Well..I don't know people here but I would take Kenny over Vin Baker straight up.
Heck I would even consider Potapenko over Baker straight up.

Point is Boston fans and especially newspaper writers love to play the blame
game..
The whole problem with the team is one guy...always. With the Patriots it was
Bledsoe, Sherm Douglas and Kenny Anderson on the Celtics etc etc. In reality
this one guy doesn't have that much to do with it.and is a victim of hype
built up by the same Boston papers and fans. <g> If KA had been some undrafted FA
guy fans would have loved him.. But because he was a NYC playground legend he
never heard the end of it. It's sad.

I think Walker is merely just an above average PF and a top fifty player in
the NBA.
He has top twenty type talent though and occasionaly displays that. I mean
look at Luke Walton who people on various lists constantly seem to rave about..
He doesn't have even 1/10 the game Walker does. Walker passes just as well,
rebounds better, is a much better scorer and even plays much better defense.
But Walker too is a victim of the hype..Unfortunately for him he believes too
much of it and thinks he is a great player..

I think he could easily contribute to the Celtics alot more. All he has to do
is take low degree of difficulty shots for him..and get himself it better
shape. Bremer and Banks can pick up some of the scoring slack. I just hope Banks
works on his J so as not suffer the same fate as K. Brown.

And NO..its not that Walker has "bad genetics"..haha. Karl Malone was so
built when he got to the NBA either. And sure Walker is in fantastic shape for a
layperson...just not in great NBA shape. He is in playing shape though.

But he could gain more muscle on and lose plenty of fat. Anyone can see
that...and yes anyone can get ripped like Karl Malone or Scottie Pippen. It is a
matter of exercise and diet. Diet is huge though..he would have to really
control what he eats in a very systematic fashion.

It is fair to compare him to Karl Malone..like it or not. Karl is a prime
example of what hard work and conditioning can do for an athlete. MJ learned the
same thing, and now AI claims he too has learned the wonders of diet and
weightlifting..

Bottom line: trade Walker if and only if you get good value in
return...someone who either is a top twenty talent or could develop into one. We don't want
to get three mediocre players back ala the C. Barkley trade.

Well just one week from Summer League. I wish every game was on TV.
Somehow I just feel Banks is going to be a serious player in this league.
Though perhaps I am always optomistic about Celtic rookies. I still think Kedrick
willl come through. He is the perfect complent to Walker at the PF position
because he can rebound and block some shots at the SF position but still has
the quickness to cover his man.

Pete