Re: (no subject)

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 07:53  AM, Eggcentric@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Don't you love farce
> My fault, I fear
> I thought that you'd want what I want
> Sorry, my dear
>
> The contrite Egg
> ***********************
	Contrition becomes you, "my dear."
	I'm sure you've seen Bulpet's piece this AM;

"In truth, this is a time to hold the line on Walker. The top wish of
the Celtics is - and has always been - for him to make the necessary
improvements and adjustments in his body and game (stuff of which
'Toine is well aware) and realize his full potential here."

	Whether Walker finally does the necessary body work, to establish
himself, as the player he already thinks he is, may be a fair object of
incredulity, after all of the "hints" he's received in the past, but,
I'm sure he knows now, what was not true in the past, that his future
with the Celtics and reputation/contract leverage in the league, rests
on it.
	Antoine took a big step, turning over the scoring mantle, in the
fourth quarters, to Pierce. Now. by his own earnest efforts, he may be
able to take it back, or by lack of, diminish all that he has worked,
for since he started playing basketball.
	He's not in the position of strength he was when Pitino was coach, nor
when O'Brien took over. His idea of best effort, will no longer be
perceived as good enough.
	My other wish, for off-season training, for Antoine, would be to go to
acting school. A bit of "Stanislavsky," might be just the trick, to get
him to the line, for a fair number of trips per game.

	JB

Unchain My Heart!