Re: Gene, We Have To Be Merciless In Our Evaluation Of Ainge

In a message dated 7/5/03 12:29:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jlyell@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> We should be on the phone working deals of Walker in a package for Jermaine
> O'Neal, Elton Brand, Addur-Rahim, Battier &Swift etc, Bosh, etc. - John

John,

IF Walker is traded for one (or a combination of ) the above,  IMO JO and EB
are pretty unlikely are they would have to involve a sign and trade deal
meaning either guy would have to agree to sign with the C's.

Bosh has the proverbial and dreaded "upside" but I also read yesterday that
the Raptors are trying to sign him this weekend and if that happens, he
couldn't be traded until at least Dec. 15th.

Abdur-Rahim is not really an improvement over Antoine IMO. Granted, he might
be more suited  to play the SF spot than Antoine but I just don't see him
being an overall upgrade.

I do think that a deal with Memphis that yielded both Battier and Swift would
improve the C's both athletically as well as depth wise. And it would also
most assuredly be a precursor to another deal involving E Will as Battier would
likely be his successor just as Swift would or should be the starting "4".
Athletically, Swift is a HUGE upgrade over Antoine and the improvement in
rebounding and shot blocking would be enormous if Swift were given anything close to
Antoine's minutes.

Steve