Celts Stats sans Antoine

We all knew what some of the keys were in order to hold
the fort in Walker's absence. Now with word that Delk and
Walker are expected to play on Friday, here's a quick
(individual) statistical breakdown of the good and bad
during Walker's 4-game absence (2-2). I don't have time
to look into overall team stats.

The "BAD":

-Vin Baker took only 8 shot attempts in the four games,
and managed 11 rebounds, 13 fouls, 1 assist and 6
turnovers in 68 minutes (17.0 mpg).

-Grant Long got 55 minutes with uneven results. In two of
the four games he was shut out completely on the boards.
In the other two games, he was shut out on points.
Although those aren't Antoine Walker numbers, he did
contribute a 3 assist and 7 rebound game against Detroit,
his longest stint (23 minutes).

-Kedrick contributed secondary stats like 16 rebounds and
3 blocks in the first three games, but logged just 3
minutes against Detroit. Part of the problem is that he
shot 0-7 on treys (not 1-7 as I previously posted).

-Shammond. I don't want to get further into it, but in
light of his zero shot attempts against Detroit in 16
minutes, its clear Boston could even have been 3-1 if
Tony Delk had dressed. In 51 total minutes (one DNP-CD),
Shammond had just 1 assist.

The "Good":

-Eric shot 13-31 from the field but did a great job
getting to the line (22 trips, 16 makes). He struggled to
a 1 rebound game in 38 minutes v. Orlando, but offset
that with 5 assists. In the other three games, Eric
dragged down 8.3 boards. He only attempted two 3-pointers
overall, missing both. He had 14 points and 12 boards
versus Detroit.

-I credit Battie as Boston's Player of the Week, merely
for playing in all four games, even though he might have
sat a few if his teammates were healthy. TB made 15 FGs
in 27 FG attempts, with 22 trips to the line (16 points).
He averaged 6 boards in 25 minutes per game, including 16
points and 6 boards versus Detroit, in a game we SHOULD
have won! ;-)

-Walt struggled against Denver (1-8) to offset an
otherwise wonderful week. He nailed 11 LONG three-point
shots (44%) to average 11.3 points with 23 rebounds, 12
assists, 6 steals and 3 blocks overall. Among those 11
bombs (averaging at least 25 feet) were some of the
critical baskets of the games.

-JR Bremer scored 43 points with 15 assists and 5
turnovers. He canned 9 three-point shots in 22 attempts
(.409). One thing fans may not realize is that Bremer is
earning massive minutes. He's averaged 35 mpg in the past
9 games, which no doubt is third on the team behind the
captains. Not bad for an undrafted rookie, even though
his game has come down to earth lately. Nevertheless, he
will now almost certainly average double figures for the
entire month of January (he just needs a couple of
baskets). Boston's season hung in the balance when Mr
Calm came along and lit a spark. Whatever contributions
he makes the rest of the way, January was Employee Number
9's big month.

Go Celts! Let's hope to finish 8-7 this month with one
more win. Whatever happens tomorrow, I'm proud they came
back from a 1-5 start, and as a team overcame three
near "worst case scenario" injuries (Battie, Delk,
Walker) at once.

On paper, January was the toughest schedule we'd face all
year. It proved to be fun...the 23-point comeback win,
the second B2B Player of the Weeks, and our captains BOTH
crossing the .400FG% Mendoza line just in time for the
All Star selection. ;-)

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?