Re: Madness...madness

On Vin, my question is why its so much easier to make
entry passes to Eric Williams than to Baker? Obviously
its a timing issue with enough blame to spread around
evenly. But from Vin's perspective, you would think he's
accustomed to better entry passes than the botched
efforts he's getting from the Celtics guards. We are
talking about some terrible passes, the kind that get
picked off or bounce directly out of bounds 5-feet away
from him.

On Kedrick, we needed comeback points more than we needed
defense and bricks. Detroit didn't have anyone worth
trying to shut down defensively in the first half. I
would have sat Kedrick and gone with Walter too. On
Friday, maybe he'll see more time against Rip Hamilton,
who eventually hurt us.

As for Detroit, we'll first see how things go on Friday
with Delk (and maybe Walker) back. But I fully agree that
the Indiana and Detroit results this month have been
cause for infinitely greater optimism regarding the
playoffs than what I felt around Christmas time.

Still, I'll say this about Detroit's defense. I felt they
contested a high number of our misses, whereas a lot of
the Pistons' bricks were relatively uncontested last
night. And this was a textbook case of defense (Curry and
Billups as much as Ben) being more valuable than offense.
Once Pierce got locked down in the 1st half, I got a
sense it might not be our night.

Morover, our so-called pointguards couldn't get the ball
into anyone's hands. The shot clock was a factor, the way
Detroit harrassed them. And Pierce got swallowed up in
the first half, until they switched Corless onto him.

If Detroit's physical defenders can continue to knock
Boston out of synch, we might not have such an easy time
of it on Friday. Battie's offense will be key, as far as
neutralizing Ben Wallace.

But in general, this game made me confident that Boston
is still 4-1 better than them in a playoff setting.

As someone else aptly put it, teams like Detroit just
don't seem built for a 7-game series. Its hard to picture
Rip Hamilton leading them to the promised land.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?