Re: Madness...madness

I was going to make a long post about last night, but Kestas pretty much
covered everything I was going to say-and one thing I wouldn't have said,
but did notice in the quick-trigger scorekeeper.

I don't know how the Pistons do it. I really don't. They have nice depth and
a couple of nice players (Hamilton and Wallace), but that's it. They play
pretty good defense. But they can't score and they can't rebound. That's
definitely a team built for the regular season. I'd be tanking games at the
end of the season if it meant playing them in the first round.

And Kestas, you took the words right out of my mouth on Kedrick and Vin.
Kedrick got the minutes, did nothing with them, and seems to have lost those
minutes. Vin has been passed in the rotation by Grant Long.

As for the last play... I don't know. I don't really have a problem with the
play being designed for Walter. Usually, the Celts can go to either Walker
or Pierce, and defenses have to be cognizant of both guys. With Antoine out,
they're going to load up on Pierce in that situation. I don't mind them
trying to get an open look by "fooling" the Pistons and going to Walter. But
Bremer didn't execute the play correctly, because the Pistons weren't fooled
and Walter wasn't open.

One more thing... I don't think Pierce is a selfish player, but he played
selfishly last night. There were a few times when he downright refused to
give up the ball. He dribbled, was swarmed by two or three guys, fumbled it
around, regained control, dribbled out to the 3-point line to escape the
double-team, and launched a terrible shot. Strange, coming on the heels of
the best passing game of his career.

Mark