Re: Vin Butcher, Vin Baker...

--- You wrote:
How about Stoudamire and Randolph for Vin, Shammond (or Wojo and Sundov) and
the lesser of our picks?
--- end of quote ---

Whitsit ain't that stupid... Stoudamire can still play a little bit, and
Randolph is going to be a very good player. I'm sure Seattle'd offered any and
all packages involving Vinnie to every team in the league. They all
passed...except for one. And that was before Baker had sunk to his current
level of non-production and received the 15% trade kicker for his trouble. If
there was any doubt at all around the league that Baker was finished (and there
wasn't, except in BDT's cabbage heads), it's been completely eradicated  The
most untradeable contract in the league became even more untradeable, if that's
possible.  Think about it - is there a bad contract in the league you would NOT
exchange Baker for? We need a medical miracle of Frankensteinian proportions
here.  I thought it was bad enough that we were trading for a soft, whining
14/7 guy with a max contract, but I hadn't been paying attention. It turned out
he's much worse than that.
Kestas