Vin Butcher, Vin Baker...

Its troubling to see Vin Baker's numbers seemingly trend
back down this month.

I felt Baker was making headway by the end of December,
averaging 5.6 points. Since then he's scoring 4.7 points
in more minutes (20.8 this month).

As a sidebar, Vin Baker is actually shooting .610 (25-41)
from the field in January (50% for the season).

But it used to be his teammates would look to help try to
get going, and cheer him whenever he did well. Now he's
getting bypassed a bit, even though he's hardly greedy
about kicking passes back out.

Obie's doing a good job of massaging his feelings, making
sure the papers print quotes like how Baker
played "great, great" defense against Milwaukee.

To state the obvious, if Vin Baker really was playing
great defense, he'd be averaging 32-35 mpg in Walker's
absence (instead of 17.3).

As long as he's a Celtic, I'm going to have to root for
Vin Baker to do well. He'll be around for awhile.

But if I were the owners, I'd privately hint to Chris
Wallace that if he can move Vin Baker for even trash (as
long as the contracts expire sooner)it would not be held
against him. Otherwise any GM would (with good reason)
fear that admitting his mistake would cost him his job.
Either way, the owners have the right to evaluate every
employee's contract this summer. In the meantime, Chris
Wallace should bring Baker's name up in trade inquiries
(its worth a try) in the same way we turned around and
dumped Travis Knight (we basically renounced Rick Fox,
Wesley etc. to get him).

Vin Baker's still a lot better than what teams like the
Knicks and Orlando have at center. He can fit into the
styles of certain halfcourt teams, and Boston will take
nearly as bad contracts in return. Sometimes its a GMs
job to cut losses, not just try to hit homeruns.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?