Re: I wonder...

<Contented sigh>
You know, there's a certain inevitability about this sort of exchange among Boston fans (not limited to Celtics fans) -so many of whom would always rather find reasons to moan over the ones that got away than consider how best to serve up the ones we caught- that it fair warms the cockles, it does. And warming anything in this weather has just got to be a good thing, so I expect we should be thanking them for it.

Had the internet been more than a gleam in the eyes of my late (obsequies were held this week -requisiat in silica ) employer back in those days, you just KNOW the archives would be full of tears over that &^^&%&%#*@& Easy Ed Macauley deal, with follow-ups posted regularly about what he's doing for St Louis that he should be doing for us. We got some guy named Russell for a perennial all star. WHAT was Red thinking. He's no good - everyone knows he's just a loudmouth who may think he can coach but always chokes in the big one (and FWIW to those with little knowledge of hoops history, that was just about exactly the Auerbach reputation before Russell). This Russell guy's a tweener, too short to play center, with absolutely no offensive skills. Yeah, so he can play a little defense and block a few shots. That doesn't win games. You've got to SCORE and Ed could do that and is still doing it. FOR SOMEONE ELSE. An ALL STAR. I ask you. I mean, you can't win 0-0 you know.

Somewhere, in The Home, an old fan is nodding his head and wishing the nurses would take off the restraints long enough to let him get online with some additional thoughts on the subject. The nurses, having been forced to listen to repetitions of those same thoughts for about 30 years are actually considering it...

Me? I'm just off to thaw off my hands over some warmed cockles before heading out to the game tonight.

....YEAH but if they'd KEPT Easy Ed, we wouldn't even have to PLAY this stupid game or the one Walker got hurt in. They'd have won so many championships (this Russell guy cost them by getting hurt when they should have won, you know) they'd have been crowned champion for all time and retired from active competition with the rest of the league just duking it out for second place...

Yeah, yeah, yeah - um, nurses, we need some fresh restraints here NOW!!!!!!!
Kim