Re: Chew on this ...

Pete, I was aware of those college stats. That's why I
expressed doubt about whether he was a true point guard
solution longterm. And that's why I used to pooh-pooh him
back in the Shaw League.

But watching the games, its just a different picture.

Its almost like he had it in him all along (passing and
game management), but never had to apply it in college.

He's led people to hoop for dunks in the half-court set,
he's led the break and made the perfectly timed pass to
the right spots, and he's drawn second defenders to him
in a way that frees up teammates for open jump shots.
Like they say about QBs, he throws a catchable ball.
Right where you want it.

The near 4:1 assist/turnover ratio this month can't last.
But when you watch this guy this month, its hard not to
believe he is a natural born point guard.

One thing opponents are going to have to take away now is
his 3-point shot. But Bremer's real strength is getting
to the hoop. As long as he keeps his head up, he's going
to be fine for awhile.

All good things come to an end, but Bremer has poise.
Remember that his actual playing time began out of the
blue against Steve Nash, and went straight Parker,
FRANCIS, Terry, Tinsley, Cassell and IVERSON.

That's both All Star starting point guards (I think) plus
up to two possible reserves (Nash, Cassell or Terry).
Bremer stays on an even keel even after a nice play. He
seems calm and together, like he's been doing it for
years.

Joe H.

http://www.sportsstats.com/jazzyj/greats/cba02/bremer.htm
> http://mailplus.yahoo.com