Trade

FWIW, the more I think about it, the less I think trading
Shammond (with or without a pick) might be the prudent
direction to go.

I've only given it cursory attention really, but I think
we're talking about a Dion Glover (although his contract
also expires so he has the same theoretical trade value)
or a Bryon Russell level 7th man, although I like the
George Lynch suggestion too (if only that could happen)!

Chris Wallace (or his replacement) actually might be
better off letting Shammond's contract expire, and use
the 4.5 million exception this summer (ownership
willing). The benefit is that we'd get exactly who we
want and on our own terms, contractually.

Of course, if Boston's objective is to try to reach the
Finals this year (which it is), then we need a more
consistent and versatile veteran 6th man than Vin Baker.
But let's not box ourselves into another bad contract
unless we feel that player can help take us the distance
this Spring.

It seems like Boston will need to package Eric Williams
and Shammond together (7.5 million), along with various
other picks or concessions, in order to get a starter or
dominant sixth man.

I guess that will depend on how Kedrick and Walt perform
in these two weeks, so I suppose its something to watch.
Obie also deserves the right to a veto here, since he's
a better judge of Boston's needs than Chris Wallace is.

I still secretly like my Shammond+SundovMusic for Rodney
Rogers idea, if the Nets decide to cut their losses
rather than pay out Rogers' three-year deal.

But I don't know why Byron Scott would want to help us
out, even if they need a backup PG as desperately as we
need a veteran 6th man.

I wish there were more Rodney Rogers type veterans out
there, making 2 to 3 million with just a few more years
to run. Out of the pool of 27-32 year-old NBA veterans,
we need to go find the "next" Cliff Robinson or Bobby
Jackson. Even a Jim Jackson type hiding on someone team's
roster.

That's the kind of low-cost talent I'd like Boston to
have coming 6th or 7th off the bench once the playoffs
start. We need bench guys like what Detroit and the Nets
already have (and Indiana has in abundance).

I wish Ron Mercer had a cheaper contract so things could
match.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?