> From    : owner-celtics@igtc.com
> To      : celtics@igtc.com
> Cc      :
> Date    : Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:23:42 EST
> Subject : Walker out
>
>     I haven't looked at a schedule to see how many
games Walker would miss in
> two weeks, but y'know what?  I am sort of looking
forward to it.  Yeah, it
> could be a disaster, but IF Kedrick steps up, and IF
Baker can step up, and
> IF EWill can throw in a few points (didn't he have a
couple of 15+ games last
> year?), then it would be a huge shot of confidence for
those guys, and maybe
> Walker and Pierce will feel a bit more comfortable
enrolling others in the
> offense.  And THAT would be a huge plus.
>     But then again, it could be a disaster ...

If the Boston Celtics are professionals at all, there
will be no pessimism or doubt in the locker room.
Everyone knows the Bucks are 10-points better. How are
you going to replace Walker's 26 points against them this
weekend? The best mindset isn't panic, but a we-have-
nothing-to-lose approach.

You are right that if we do make the playoffs (I should
say "when" instead of "if", but that would be pretty
corny), the very best possible thing is to have our bench
and younger players have quality regular season minutes
under their belts. Even if they suck out there this week,
they'll have learned something from having played. And
BTW I don't think they will suck out there. Just don't
panic, is all I ask. Poise is everything in these
situations.

What's happening with Sacramento this year, in terms of
injury, is what is making that team so much deadlier come
playoff time. They've had several leading scorer type
guys out for long stretches, including Peja, Bobby
Jackson and Mini Me.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?