Re: Indiana win etc.

A very exciting and satisfying win last night.  We saw TEXTBOOK OBOE-
the old winning formula of Walker coming through one quarter, Pierce
the next. It all seems so simple when the three is falling.  Who can
stop us when we accomplish a .357 3P%?  Too bad that isn't our average.

< Walker had one of those nights where the Walker lovers jump up and
down and scream,  "I told you so! "  But watch out. Pretty soon the Walker
bashers will have THEIR night.  Such is the enigma of Antoine Walker. >
-Douglas

Good stuff, Douglas.  Your descriptive  "enigma " says it all. Walker
remains the ultimate mixed blessing.

Sad to say, our success/failure has come to this - the threes fall
and we are gold; the threes don't fall and we are dross.

Seems to me a hell of a way to run a team.  Almost like cheating
if we win; ineptness if we lose.

< Did you catch the expression on Steve Francis' face in the
Rockets-C's game? It reminded me of Newman and Redford in
"Butch Cassidy" when being chased by the posse. "Who IS this guy?"
referring to Francis' puzzled expression about Bremer.>
- CeltsSteve

Steve,  let us not crown Bremer, he of the 11 MPG, .319 FG%, .282 3P%,
.714 FT%, .80 RPG, 1.2 APG, and 3.3 PPG, just yet.  Yes, he is maybe
refreshingly solid and mature in a Bruce Bowen/Adrian Griffin sense,
the ONLY new addition to our team who has not frustrated the heck
out of his coaches and veteran teammates with abject denseness in
practice as well as in games.  But interpreting that he was responsible
for Steve Francis'  heartburn or headache - that really seems like
a stretch.

Egg