Re: Stay patient with Kedrick

> ---------- Initial message -----------
> For every
> good defensive play you can site, I can show you three
where he got back
> doored, didn't bother to fight through picks, didn't
get out on a shooter,
> missed his defensive rotation or stood rooted to the
court on a rebound.

---

Hi Tammo:

You do seem to record and re-watch a bunch of games, so
I'll happily take your word for it. I'm a bit surprised
though.

I honestly think he would have averaged 1.7 ppg in Juco
if he was as unassertive as he is now. He's really lost
the killer instinct.

It could be temporary. I honestly believe he still has a
few remaining "excuses" for holding back (three legit
injury setbacks, a deep rotation last year behind Pierce,
his age compared to Moiso or Jefferson).

FWIW, the Maurer scouting report out of Okaloosa says, in
part: "Can create shots for himself off the dribble
doesn't really need a point guard to set him up".

So at some point in his career, he was dribbling the ball
pretty assertively to get his 22.9 ppg (unless Maurer is
on the take, which I suppose is possible). He wasn't just
scoring on putbacks.

Treat Kedrick's JC stats anyway you wish, you won't get
any complaints from me. But note he was also a 40%
shooter on treys (as opposed to closer to 0% now) and in
his best season dished out 3.7 assists to 1.8 turnovers.
A lot of pure point guards don't even do that in HS or
college. Thoe numbers aren't typical of a "clueless"
player.

There's no reason why Kedrick shouldn't handle the ball
more.

Bremer's doing it. Kedrick should too.

Once he finds out that he belongs, he's going to suddenly
look like a much more assertive and explosive player, I'd
wager.

Of course, that might not happen until he's reached the
washed up age of 22 and actually had a full 82 games of
healthy NBA games under his belt. Presumably, that "slow"
rate of development will be unprecedented in the history
of the NBA.

Its probably true he's running out of excuses. Its
definitely true his numbers are atrocious.

But we all saw him make unique plays the last week.

I'm not sure what Chris Wallace plans to do, but I
wouldn't bet against Kedrick just yet.

If he ever does come out of his shell, I'm not going to
accuse you guys of writing him off prematurely. I know we
all want him to succeed, even more than we want to beat
up on Chris Wallace for drafting him.

And its absolutely accurate to state there's a lot of
rose shades on, when you consider his paltry stats so far.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?