JC competition

I watch JC competition several times a year.  Some leagues, including the one Kedrick was in, are good.  The players are talented enough, for the most part, to make 4 year college rosters, but they haven't made their grades.  Big schools, as LSU tried with Kedrick, try to hide their recruits away while they become eligible.  What I observe is a high talent level, a faster game than  the ACC or Big Ten or SEC (too fast), but poor decision making--as in the classroom.

These kids are talented enough to play college level, but they haven't proven their scholastic abilities.  Hence, most of them never make it.  They can't make the grades or they are hampered by poor decision making in other areas and fade away.

I have seen quite a few talented players come through my JC in Tyler, TX; two start for Purdue now.  I think that averaging 20 plus points in a good JC league shows real ability.  Kedrick's slowness is not lack of ability.  Gene