Re: relevance of all-star game

Paying them a "hefty sum" sure makes them seem to care during the regular
season....

<Jim

> I heard today in passing that the winner of the baseball all-star game
will
> now determine home field advantage in the World Series. At first I thought
> 'that's not fair!', then I thought 'well, it would make the players give a
> s**t about the game.'

I think that is a silly idea, myself.  Letting an unrepresentative sample of
players in an unrepresentative single game determine anything is dumb.  Why
not pay each player on the winning team a hefty sum if all you want is for
them to care.