Looking for a cheap backup center?

Since we're upgrading our frontcourt, I don't see any
reason to stop with Grant Long. The Craptors just
waived Nate Huffman, citing the bogus excuse that he
"failed to inform the team of his history of knee
problems." While Huffman has sorely disappointed so
far this year, his knee held up well enough last year
when he averaged almost 19 & 8 for the Israeli league
champion. I see Toronto's move as more a desperation
ploy to free up cap space and try to make a move to
salvage their season. (Think they're kicking
themselves for letting Keon Clark walk?)

Huffman is no Shaq - or David Robinson, or even Brad
Miller - but he was the most coveted big man in Europe
for several years. Could it hurt to bring him in for a
physical? He could probably be had on the cheap and,
if healthy, couldn't possibly be worse than Bruno and
Wakawaka.

Another guy who might fit this bargain-basement,
doesn't-hurt-to-check-him-out mold is Stanley Roberts,
who was just reinstated after a drug suspension. Sure,
he hasn't played in 3 years and was hardly tearing up
the league when he did. But he put up decent numbers
with Minny a few years ago: 6 points, 5 boards, 1
block and 49% fg shooting in just 18 mpg. And he's
B-I-G.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Would it
hurt to look?
http://mailplus.yahoo.com