Re: Stay patient with Kedrick

Mark, I do think some players take time to develop,
unless you are talking exclusively about superstars.

Kedrick guy still loves to defer to his elders
(Antoine/Pierce) for the time being and perhaps until the
end of time, but whenever he tries to make something
happen off the dribble, I can't say he's been all that
bad or over his head.

His jump-shot off a catch-and-shoot is another story. Its
hesitant and absolutely terrible, I agree. Absolutely
terrible.

On defense, when he rushes at an open corner shooter,
he's able to stop and react really well when the guy
attempts to go for a drive. That's a good skill for
a "rookie". I see this kid physically stop people from
scoring in games, enough times to keep count (I think I
will from now on).

And that help block on Tim Duncan has probably never
happened before. I don't know what possessed him, but I
still can't get over how he would block the shot straight
back down like that.

Maybe you are just eager to make the point that Chris
Wallace is incompetent and didn't do any research on
Kedrick, or use any common sense.

But, honestly, that case is already won without bringing
Brown into the equation.

Its a type of overkill, and its really not all that fair
when you see how picks 8 through 18 panned out. You know
I was just as set as anyone on how critical that draft's
success or failure was.

So far, all but one team screwed up those picks, or at
best landed a flawed player with upside (like Kedrick).

I'd say that Kedrick is still the best defensive force
out of that group, and that's probably good enough for
me. At least he has genuine one-way upside, even if his
offense needs an incredible amount of work.

So its Kedrick, Rodney Rogers and Delk plus the ECF with
the 10th/11th pick. Not great, but let's not overkill
here.

There are other and better reasons why Chris Wallace
deserves to be on the hot seat.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?