Shammond = Sam Vincent?

Ok, I will admit I do not have many opportunities to see the celts,
but in the last week I have been able to see the New Orleans,
Dallas and Houston games. My initial take on Shammond is that
he does seem to take some crazy runs to the basket without
allowing his teammates to get back. There was one point last night
when I think Mobley or someone blocked his shot, he could have
slowed up and hit someone cutting to the basket perhaps but no
he took it alone.

It seemed very reminiscent of the mid-late 80s when Sam Vincent
would get the rebound and do the same thing. Again, I don't get to
see them so often so perhaps an unfair comparison.

One thing that continually frustrates me is the Celts inability to
know how to trim leads and get back in games. In last nights game
they could have switched to 2pt shots easily enough after it got
down to 2-3 points. One shot by Kedrick from the corner was a
perfect example of how not to get back in games, I don't even think
anyone was on him. It was a 2-3 point game with what 1 min or
1:30 left, plenty of time to take patient shots, or God forbid make
some drives to the basket.

As a side note did anyone else think it just looked funny when Vin
Baker drove in against Yao Ming only to get blocked?