Walker and Kedrick

> Perhaps it is naive of me to consider character,  but it really adds
> a lot more fun and purity when I am able to actually respect the
> players on my favorite team.  Your dissed Grant may not have AW's
> swagger, versatility, mouth, perfectly sculptured little ears, and
> sway with Obie, but he is certainly not the STIFF you and Kestas
> would paint him as being. He is a leader and a good citizen type.

Walker and Pierce are leaders as well..and seem to be pretty good citizens..
You know if we could add Grant with our roster relatively intact that would
be a great improvement.

But Grant isn't worth a Walker, and moreover a Grant is just like a better
Battie..not a great player. There are other players who fill his role that
aren't that hard to get. Keon Clark for example was just sitting there for
months. If we didn't have Gaston we might have signed Rogers and Clark..and
kept Kenny.  We would have been dominate with that roster, IMHO.

Anyway you sell Walker short..his problem is similiar to the problem with
PP..

They think they need to dominate the game to win... and on this team they
just might. Look at the box score from San Antonio. Outside of Walker and
Pierce,  Ewill had five shots.

I think both Pierce and Walker could and would reign things back if they had
a third scorer and a point guard who could find our role players for more
easy baskets. They did last year with Kenny and RR.

In watching Walker I am convinced of his talent. He hits impressively
difficult shots on a regular basis. He is a bit overrated by some on this
list. But he is still a very good player despite his woeful stats. Pierce
said that if had been on the World Championship team they would have won in a
landslide, and I believe Pierce.

In the modern zone defense NBA a guy like Walker who can score inside and
outside, and can pass, rebound, and handle the rock is not a liability. Those
are the guys you build teams around. Its about time Wallace got started and
added someone better then Walter McCarty.

Oh yeah...
Kedrick isn't clueless..

To quote the Celts famous coach, "Kedrick is a jumpshot away from being a
star"
And yes he is risk aversive. Don't you always get the feeling he is afraid of
being yelled at by Pierce or Walker if he takes a shot. He never fails to
feed it those guys if they are at all open.

Pete