--- You wrote:
Perhaps it is naive of me to consider character,  but it really adds
a lot more fun and purity when I am able to actually respect the
players on my favorite team.  Your dissed Grant may not have AW's
swagger, versatility, mouth, perfectly sculptured little ears, and
sway with Obie, but he is certainly not the STIFF you and Kestas
would paint him as being. He is a leader and a good citizen type.
--- end of quote ---

I didn't say Grant was a stiff. He definitely isn't. My point was that it is
easier to produce nice offensive stats in Grant's situation (not the main
offensive option on any of the teams he's been on) than in Walker's.  He
doesn't have to do as much as Antoine, who has to everything for this team.
Now, whether this is a good thing for the Celtics is another matter.

--- You wrote:
 Also,
to strengthen what you consider my sucky suggestion, did you find
Joe Schaller's comments (Total Performance Ratings in Tammo's
post) distasteful that he currently ranks Grant with an all-star
performance at 105, and Walker only with 91?  Viva Schaller!
--- end of quote ---

Yeah... Schaller's TPR sort of lost its sway with me when I saw that Kittles
was ranked well into superstar territory according to it, while K-Mart and
Aaron Williams were complete dogs. For the Celtics, going by TPR Eric Williams
is a lot better player (an All-Star) than Antoine (a mediocre starter). Now,
who do you think the Celtics would miss more, EWill, or Antoine?

--- You wrote:
FINAL THOUGHT: As Kestas stated -
 "stats don't transfer from one team to another, and especially,
from one situation (role player) to another (star). "

I guess I am just a little bit confused as to who - Grant the
 "role player "  or Walker  "the star "  is better able to add more
to and subtract less from our team's overall well-being.
--- end of quote ---

I'm far from disagreeing with about Walker's wastefulness and inefficiency.
That said, ask yourself - if you swap Toine and Grant, do you think the Celtics
would do better, and Miami would be worse off?

Kestas