Shaq/Yao

<<"Tell Yao Ming, 'ching-chong-yang-wah-ah-soh.' " O'Neal
said to a reporter recently in a mock Chinese accent.>>

What Yao should have said:

"What Shaq doesn't realize is that 'ching-chong-yang-wah-ah-soh' is
Mandarin for 'I'm a big fat cross-eyed retard.'"

If Yao had said that, I would have had no choice but to become a Rockets
fan.

If Shaq was trying to be funny, he's going to have to try harder.

To my mind, intentional mockery like this is worse than the benignly
bigoted comments for which Al Campanis and Jimmy the Greek were fired.
Somehow, I doubt that Shaq is going to be taken to task by the Lakers or
by the NBA, so I hope Yao will take care of that the same way Jackie
Robinson did.

Michael Gooen

P.S.  It is not my intention to offend anyone out there who may be of
non-standard size, or who may have issues with ocular or mental capacity.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com