Dallas game observations

Obie had hinted early that Kedrick would get limited minutes against Dallas
and sure enough, he didn't play in the first half along with Baker. The thing
is that Obie's strategy didn't work anyways. We still ended up down 19 by
halftime...

Couple of other observations:
The Mavericks just spotted up and waited for the pass. The Cs are running
around, triple-teaming the penetrator and the Mavs just flip it out to the
open guy. If the weakside defense reaches him, they pass it one more time to
a guy who has been sizing up the rim for 15 seconds. They know exactly where
the open guy is going to be. All methodical....

The Cs are scattered on offense. The ball gets flipped out to the open guy
sometimes at the knees, at the left or at the right. Never at right at the
player chest high....

The Mavericks sag off of SWill because it takes him a good couple of seconds
to realize he is open on the pick and roll. I have never seen SWill drive by
the pick and pull up for the jumper in rhythm. He doesn't have the natural
offensive instincts and doesn't finish well. He is a lot like Delk. He is a
stand still long range shooter and that is about it....

I found it unbelievable that the Cs wouldn't stay with Nowiski on the pick
and roll. Both guys would go with Nash (possibly with the blitzing
instruction) and leave Nowiski wide open, over and over. What a strategy. One
strategy I would have tried is going with a box and 1 with one guy staying
with Nowiski and at all times. The box would stop the Nash penetration and I
would have lived with WWilliams, Griffen and Bradley or Finley beating me
from outside. You just can't leave the Mavs best player wide open like
that....

DJessen33