stats

Here is more raw data about the Texas chainsaw weekend.

The San Antonio Spurs have held NBA opponents to an
abusive .423 on 2-point attempts. To put that mark in
perspective, even Antoine and the Celtics can count on
hitting .453 inside the arc this season.

As expected, the Spurs dominate the NBA by a wide margin
in blocked shots (7.2). If ever Antoine feels tempted to
employ his patented "NO LOOK SHOT", which he's bricked at
least four times from all over the court in the past two
games, this would be a tempting scenario. Walker has to
dig deep and play smart against the likes of Tim Duncan
and the Houston PF rotation.

Which team is number two in blocked shots? That would be
Houston (6.5), which is also third in the NBA in rebounds
per game. These three Texas games are going to be a
daunting challenge.

Did you guys know that San Antonio (#2), Dallas (#3),
Houston (#7) all rank near the top of the league in FG%
defense?

Dallas is 17-2 at home, San Antonio is 14-3 and Houston
is 13-5.

Versus these Texans, Tony Battie will face some form of
mismatch every minute of every night. He'll have to play
out of his mind and be one of the heroes, in order for
the captains, Delk and company to pull out a victory.

No jumping off the bandwagon, though.

As we head down to the land of capital punishment, our
2003 Celtics team are tied for second with Sacramento
(and Detroit) for fewest road losses (7).

Bring 'em on and lets see what happens. The New Orleans
win takes a ton of pressure off. No one expects us to
win, and just one dubya would constitute a breakthrough
compared to last year.

Boston has shown improved offensive decision-making for
two games last week, and then our defense finally caught
up on Wednesday. I hope out Celtics can put both together
this weekend.

Joe Hironaka

p.s. If Sundouche plays at all this weekend, I want him
to shoot the ball without hesitation. Every game Leo's
boy plays in, he'll catch the ball at the top of the arc
and then freeze like a Popsicle. Shooting being the
discernible talent he has on either side of the floor, he
damn well better release those open shots right off the
catch. Every defense gives him that first try, and he
just freezes every time. Taking that shot is especially
valuable against these kinds of defenses and shot
blockers. There really is such a thing as being "too
unselfish" - especially when you suck at every other
aspect an NBA center needs to have success in the league.
In the case of SunDogg, its either a problem of stupidity
or bashfulness. He was a lot more assertive in the
preseason, and he's a great shooter IMO.

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?