Re: Clueless C's Owners Plan

From : " hironaka@xxxxxxxxx "< hironaka@xxxxxxxxx >

> * I was heartened to hear Grouse Wycbeck say the team
> would add dancers "over my wife's dead body."

Pete, I've never heard that expression used before ("over
my WIFE's dead body"). I guess we know who wears the
trousers in that family. :-)
Indeed. However, if she's so against dancers at Celtics games, then how bad can she be?

So far, the new owners seem far from "clueless". Wise, even. Willing to spend a little to make a little and win a little. Publicly backing Obie, Wallace, and Leo P., even if two out three of those guys must be sweating each time they hear footsteps approach their office, or when the phone rings. Because even if I don't think Wallace and Leo are the next incarnations of the anti-christ and his sidekick like so many of you do, I do think that, no matter what's said publicly, these owners are going to want to bring in their own guy(s) eventually. It would surprise me if they didn't.

But they're saying the right things now: willing to spend, all about winning, confidence in the team, Banner 17 writing the checks. Good stuff, so far. It's heartening.

Let's just hope the team itself can avoid the Texas three-step and come away with at least one win. One win, as others have mentioned, would make the trip a success.

Bird