The Texans

Last night's Nets-Sac result makes up for anything bad
that could happen tonight.

The Dallas Mavs were held in the 80s four times in the
past ten games, and lost their first home games of the
year to Milwaukee and Utah in that span.

In the blowout over Atlanta, the Mavs shot 10-21 on
treys, but in the 10 previous games before that the
Dallas Morning News reports that nobody on the roster hit
more than 29.4 percent of their 3-pointers and the team-
wide 23.7-percent ledger dropped the Mavericks from first
to ninth in long-range accuracy.

The Celtics will try to throw Dallas out of whack with
our perimeter blitz package, pass the ball and throw
bombs down on top of the Dallas zone. Antoine simply
needs to be brilliant tonight. Pierce has to actually
make jumpshots.

Every stat going into tonight's game suggests an epic
mismatch, so the Celtics can't go in respectful or
fearful. They can't let a few bad bounces throw them off
target, which is to win.

The following stats are real, but the Celtics would be
better off not thinking about it.

-The Mavs are currently working on their second longest
winning streak of the year.

-The Mavs go for 30 wins tonight. That would put them on
a 70-12 track for the season.

-The Mavs have scored over 100 in five of six games. I
wish our offensive dry spells were like that!

-The Cubanos feature 11 guys who have started NBA games
this year, including likely starter and good guy Adrian
Griffin (9th on the balanced team in scoring). Everyone
on that team plays well and plays a role.

-The Mavs hold opponents this year to .418 shooting,
while Boston comes in at .413 from the field.

-Despite the slump, all five of the Mavs' leading scorers
shoot 35.9% or better on three-point attempts, and they
all use it as a weapon.

-LaFrentz is suddenly a 20-10 guy over the past week.
They already have three other guys regularly scoring 20
points, plus Nick Van Exel (12ppg).

-Dallas has won five straight against Boston, and I don't
remember any final score that was close. I'm not sure
Boston will ever beat a Dallas team in the Nowitzki era.

Tonight is a key game, because the Celtics put themselves
in that situation. They can't worry about playing a
perfect Celtics game, because they can't and won't. But
hopefully they will come out with some things to build on
to try to earn a win versus an erratic San Antonio or
Houston (both just .500 in the past 8 games). We got
swept as per usual last year in Texas, but this year can
be different. This isn't a playoff-type weekend. Its more
like the playoffs-if-Boston-went-straight-to-the-NBA
Finals type of weekend. It should be some fun and
entertaining basketball, win or lose.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?